“Every moment is an opportunity for a fresh start. Yes, one could argue that everything that has preceded this moment has created who you are and how you think and you still have the capacity to notice the momentum of your life pushing you in a certain direction. Be patient and still and choose a more purposeful response. What if you viewed this moment as the beginning of the rest of your life?” –Cory Muscara
My favorite part of this quote is “choose a more purposeful response.” Actually that’s a lie, I love the question at the end too! The first time I heard this quote it really resonated with me…the whole idea of intentional living fascinates me. What do you really, really, really want at this moment? What is the next step you need to take to get there? Choose a purposeful response. Choose to think positively. Choose to believe you can accomplish what you really want!
A helpful exercise can be to create a Dream Inventory. Jot down anything you want to do during the rest of your life: these are dreams that could happen, not necessarily goals that you must pursue. Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- If you had unlimited resources and couldn’t fail, what would you set out to do?
- Is there a dream you are afraid to voice?
- What experiences do you want to have in your lifetime?
- What do you want to build or create, just for the joy of creativity?
- Imagine you are 80 years old and looking back over your life. Which dream would you feel the most regret for NOT pursuing?
- What will you lose if you play it safe, stay here, and don’t pursue your dreams?
Not sure what you really, really, really want? Contact me for a FREE discovery session to find out how life coaching can help!