One tool you can use to guide you in becoming who you want to be is a personal manifesto. What is a personal manifesto you might ask? It’s a declaration of who you will be or what you want for your life. It should use uplifting, motivating and present tense language. It can be as short or as long as you like. It will serve as a call to action, a compass pointing you toward your truth, a foundation upon which to build your life.
Begin by making a list of areas you would like to address in your manifesto. Here are some things to consider:
- Important people in your life and how you will behave toward them
- Dealing with failure or disappointment
- How you will treat your body
- How you will spend your time and money
- Dealing with opportunity and risk
- How you want to spend your life
- Defining yourself
- Your strongest beliefs
- Your general attitude towards life.
After you make the list, take however many areas you desire and create “I” statements around them in the present tense. Then repeat the statements out loud every day with confidence. That’s all there is to it!! With this daily manifestation of your intent to live on purpose you will begin to create the life you want.
Here is my personal manifesto to help you get started:
- I take full responsibility for my thoughts, feelings, actions and results.
- I create the results in my life. I am the only one who can change them.
- I am my most important resource for making my life work.
- I always show up for me. I don’t depend on others to fill my emotional needs.
- I have faith in my ability to give myself what I need to accomplish my goals and move forward.
- I always put relationships to God, self and family first. I operate from love and connections.
- I look at myself and others with curiosity and compassion and without judgment.
- I spend my time and money on the things that matter most.
- I learn from setbacks and succeed through persistence.
- I love life and embrace each moment, good or bad, as a gift and opportunity FOR me to progress.
Contact me if you would like a template for writing your own manifesto or to schedule a FREE coaching discovery session!